Account Manager, Education/ Curriculum Specialist
Reports to: Senior Director of Education
Want to be part of a growing company that is using technology, pedagogy, and design to bring about positive social change? Founded in 2010, we are a social enterprise that works with leading nonprofits and government agencies around the world to push the boundaries of what’s possible in virtual learning and online events. From delivering an online series of courses on COVID response for frontline health workers to powering the world's largest human rights and tech conference (RightsCon), TechChange contributes to some of the most innovative and important (virtual) conversations of our era.
TechChange provides human-powered services like facilitation, production, support, and design and a user-centric platform to support over 500K users across some 800 courses, workshops, and events.
Account Managers (Education/Curriculum Specialists) play a vital role in building beautiful, engaging and impactful virtual courses, programs, and workshops with our clients in international development, public health, social impact, and the private sector. We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join our growing team. This individual will draw upon their curriculum and instructional design expertise to lead on the education approach and application in diverse learning projects. This role requires strong curriculum & instructional design acumen concerning adult learners in global contexts, the capacity to consult subject matter expert(s), familiarity with or the ability to quickly learn and contribute to the “technology toolbelt” used to support virtual learning, and the ability to work individually or in project teams.
Content, Curriculum, Instructional Design:
- As a trusted education advisor on project teams, develop a deep understanding of client core learning goals and initiatives and identify how TechChange products and services can help meet these objectives
- Lead the educational approach and application on diverse learning projects by leveraging TechChange’s education pedagogical approach and online platform/virtual toolbelt
- Enable high-quality content creation through partner consulting, needs analysis, design and development of training modules
- Lead in the design and development of synchronous, blended, and asynchronous learning projects/programs
- Lead or support the facilitation of blended and synchronous learning projects/programs to their target audiences
- Conduct course scripting/storyboarding or training agenda, authoring, and development of learning content and blended learning solutions
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to inform and improve learning outcomes for diverse stakeholders
- Proactively review client platform/content use to suggest ways to improve learning outcomes or platform user success
Project & Task Management:
- Execute identified project phase/workstream education high-quality deliverables on time and in alignment with project work plan across multiple projects
- When needed, develop core project plans to communicate timeline and dependencies to customers, drive day-to-day activities to meet project milestones
- Act as a resource to others within the Education Department; collaborate with colleagues on solution development and serve as a resource and problem solver for and with Education team colleagues
- Provide insights into systems and processes that will improve role effectiveness heading inter-and-cross-team initiatives as needed
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of experience in education, training, instructional design, curriculum development for adult/professional audiences and/or other relevant experience
- Experience in a customer facing role preferred
- A strong understanding of online learning and pedagogical principles and techniques and/or experience developing training for online/hybrid environment
- Human-centered design (HCD)/design-thinking experience valued
- Knowledge of Universal Design Learning (UDL) preferred
- Knowledge of audience engagement and/or virtual collaboration software
- Ability to upskill quickly in new and evolving technical and SaaS software
- Strong critical thinking and analytical abilities to identify and frame issues, synthesize information, and draw insightful conclusions
- Ability to create and foster strong relationships with project stakeholders and target audiences (facilitator and active listener)
- Self-starter and able to work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to align and execute strict deadlines with limited resources
- Project management and organization skills not required, a plus
- Experience with International Development, Global Health, Government, NGOs not required, a plus
- Technical skills not required, a plus:
- Virtual facilitation tools: Miro, Slido or Mentimeter, Zoom (or similar video conferencing tools)
- Project Management tools: Monday.com etc.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in additional languages is highly valued
REMOTE/TIME ZONE CONSIDERATIONS
Remote (distributed, work-from-home structure); flexible east coast hours while serving global clients.
The position will require extensive time sitting or standing and viewing computer screens from a home setup. The following capabilities may be required to perform this position's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations can be made available to address the following requirements.
- May occasionally lift, carry, stoop, bend, etc. (no more than 20 pounds).
- Ability to travel in the US and internationally (less than 10% time, when appropriate)
Salary range: $70,000 - $80,000
3 weeks of paid time off
Winter holiday shutdown
10 company holidays
Remote work options
Paid Parental leave
Sabbatical Leave Program
Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
401k, with company matching (eligible after 6 months)
Professional development funding
Open until filled.
TechChange is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We know that our differences make us better. TechChange does not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.